skip navigation

SSLL COVID-19 Update

By SSLL Admin, 05/14/20, 10:15AM EDT



Hello Saratoga Springs Little League Families,

We are choosing to be hopeful in this time of uncertainty. That we will see our ball players on the diamond feels so far away right now! While we are staying positive, we remain cautious in our approach to getting back out there.  

Here’s What We Know:

  • Initial indications are that Saratoga Springs Little League is included in Phase 4 of the regional re-opening. We have asked the Director of Saratoga County Public Health to confirm this so we are sure
  • Being in this category pushes a potential season to starting in mid-July at the earliest and running through August/September


Here’s What We Don’t Know:

  • What the specific timeline is or what our season will look like
  • If or when we will get City/School District approval to use the fields (they are technically owned by the school district) 
  • What new information we’ll get in the coming weeks - we can only speculate how the next few weeks and months will play out


Here’s What We Are Doing:

  • Being proactive, continuing to seek answers and explore options!
  • Being cautious! We won’t have a season unless we can do so safely.
  • We on the SSLL Board are parents too and don’t want to put anyone’s children including our own at risk.  The health, safety and wellbeing of our athletes, family members and community are the main priorities as we make decisions.
  • Keeping in contact with the Director of Saratoga County Public Health regarding local policies and recommendations
  • Exploring guidelines and best practices for safe operation if/when we get the green light for play
  • Taking practical steps – we held the draft for Majors and Minors teams, but we’re holding off on team announcements and team formation for Challenger, Bantam and Tee-Ball until we get a clearer view of our actual possibility of play


We know some families might not feel comfortable having their athlete(s) participate if/when we get a season underway or the timing of the season doesn’t work for you anymore. Please know that we hear you and support whatever decision you make that is best for your family!  We hope you can hang in there with us, but if you wish to cancel your child(ren)’s registration, please email ( to let us know and we will issue you a full refund. 

Thanks for your patience, we are all in this together! Feel free to email us if you have any questions.

Latest News